IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 am
Posts: 43388
During tonight's podcast which you can check out at MLW.com, former TNA and WCW star Konnan told listeners that he had a recent talk with Jeff Jarrett regarding his TNA departure, and Jarrett informed Konnan that TNA is in really bad shape right now, and he neither knows nor cares if the promotion will make it through the year.

Konnan then revealed that Jarrett told him he will be making a big announcement this week regarding a new project, and that it's likely to be a new promotion with partner Toby Keith.

As we have reported in the past, Keith was the celebrity name rumored to be in talks with TNA about purchasing the promotion, but when those talks fell through, Jarrett announced his resignation from TNA shortly after.

In what could be a hint that Jim Ross might be involved in the new promotion, (but could also be completely unrelated to Jarrett and his announcement) JR recently noted on Twitter that he had a meeting with a "major sports concern." In what could further be an indication that Ross might be involved in the Jarrett/Keith announcement, JR posted the following on Twitter:

“@Judge1979: @JRsBBQ Meeting with Toby Keith eh? Maybe him and @JeffJarrettTNA have an offer you can't refuse? #conspiracytheory” Hmm.
Credit: Wrestlezone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:13 pm
Posts: 49
JR doesn't get the credit he deserves for putting together that WWF 90's roster. I'd love to see what he could do with today's group of free agents


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:12 am
Posts: 4074
Location: New Jersey
i always thought a "wrasslin" style show would do well as long as they realize they won't become billionaires off it and just do it as a nice alternative program done on a reasonable but not super expensive budget

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:50 pm
Posts: 2500
I think a well-thought-out promotion could make stars of some of the guys stranded on TNA, and those soon to be future-endeavoured elsewhere.

Let's face it: TNA has to go, and Spike needs to replace it with a new wrestling show. Maybe this'll be it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 am
Posts: 43388
Here's the problem one Toby Keith is rich but he's not that rich if he's the sole source of money, secondly Who the fuck would give Jeff Jarrett power in the industry again? He had his hands in WWA which was a disaster, TNA which well yeah, and Ra King King none of which were successful so why giving the guy who thought naming his promotion TNA more money to piss away is mind boggling.

Also Jim Ross who knows if and how much he still has to offer, If he's just a talent scout you have to remember he's been out of that position for 10 years and a lot of his big signings were because of his runs with WCW. I'm not putting that down or anything but if you don't have attachments to other promotions you have to trust that Ross is going to magically find these stars out of nowhere again and I highly doubt he'd want to get back into the office again.

If this is true which I doubt but if it all happens I wish them well but they are going to need a ton of things to succeed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:00 am
Posts: 931
Location: Chicago, IL
Didn't JR sign some sort of no compete clause?

_________________
"Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions."
"When I'm good I'm good, when I'm bad I'm better, when I'm better I'm the best."
Piper

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 11577
I'm for it. This is just rumors for now though. If something does come out if it I welcome a new promotion. I just worry Russo winds of up getting involved somehow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 9872
Location: Texas
PiperFan342 wrote:
Didn't JR sign some sort of no compete clause?


Those are usually 90 days.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:12 am
Posts: 4074
Location: New Jersey
xtremefalls43 wrote:
Here's the problem one Toby Keith is rich but he's not that rich if he's the sole source of money, secondly Who the fuck would give Jeff Jarrett power in the industry again? He had his hands in WWA which was a disaster, TNA which well yeah, and Ra King King none of which were successful so why giving the guy who thought naming his promotion TNA more money to piss away is mind boggling.

Also Jim Ross who knows if and how much he still has to offer, If he's just a talent scout you have to remember he's been out of that position for 10 years and a lot of his big signings were because of his runs with WCW. I'm not putting that down or anything but if you don't have attachments to other promotions you have to trust that Ross is going to magically find these stars out of nowhere again and I highly doubt he'd want to get back into the office again.

If this is true which I doubt but if it all happens I wish them well but they are going to need a ton of things to succeed

andrew mcmanus was responsible for WWA Jeff Jarrett was just a featured talent and I'm pretty sure JB and Disco Inferno did most of the booking and toby kieth is worth 320 mil http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalley ... n-in-2013/ so like i said if they do this on a reasonable budget and don't just throw bags of money at people it could work

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 105
Interesting indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 105
- Regarding Jeff Jarrett possibly starting a new wrestling promotion with country music star Toby Keith, Jarrett reportedly recently contacted people in the wrestling business and told them when he's able to talk about his new project, everyone will be shocked.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:45 am
Posts: 16615
Location: BrightWave, USA
I hope this happens, and I'd hope that every fan would want the same thing. Any news of a new promotion forming is a good thing.

_________________
Image

B. Spec_Productions, Inc. - Be Spectacular
"Enjoy The Silence" - Depeche Mode (1990)
http://www.youtube.com/MrBrightWave
http://www.youtube.com/SpectacularSunset
IYH is bringing the moniker, professional wrestling, back to form!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:00 am
Posts: 931
Location: Chicago, IL
I am afraid this would be doomed to fail. AND I hate Toby Keith SO MUCH.

_________________
"Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions."
"When I'm good I'm good, when I'm bad I'm better, when I'm better I'm the best."
Piper

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:23 pm
Posts: 9714
Location: Wales
Team Ninja wrote:
I'm for it. This is just rumors for now though. If something does come out if it I welcome a new promotion. I just worry Russo winds of up getting involved somehow.

You know your signature makes no sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 am
Posts: 43388
lablue6uy wrote:
andrew mcmanus was responsible for WWA Jeff Jarrett was just a featured talent and I'm pretty sure JB and Disco Inferno did most of the booking and toby kieth is worth 320 mil http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalley ... n-in-2013/ so like i said if they do this on a reasonable budget and don't just throw bags of money at people it could work


but if I remember correctly TNA in 2003ish starting doing cross promoting over there with titles and things but it doesn't change the fact that Jarrett has had his hands in some dumb shit ideas over the years.

Also yeah I know 320 Million but is that really enough? How much will he be willing to burn through? Jarrett was in TNA for over 12 years and they still never found a reasonable revenue stream


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:12 am
Posts: 4074
Location: New Jersey
^TNA didn't start cross promoting with WWA until it was pretty much a given they were closing down i think they united all the titles if I'm remembering right and like i said with 320 million it's all about them not throwing money away on talent and renting huge arenas if they do it on a reasonable budget they have a chance of making something work but if they just burn through the cash and become TNA part 2 then they have no chance and lets hope russo never shows up

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 am
Posts: 43388
Well regardless lets not forget Jarrett named his new promotion TNA he's not exactly a brilliant Wrestling mind regardless of what his involvement was with WWA and beyond that they have to be smart with there money but that's my point is Toby Keith going to be willing endlessly spend on a project? Doubt it.

Don't get me wrong though if they do this(Which I highly doubt) I want them to succeed


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blakeisapimp1, rickrudesmustache and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group